[Swedish House Mafia - 1st time in Wales!]
Dave Eaves - Martin Dibble
Filthy Funk Funk - Calvin "THATGUYCALVIN" Reid"
Russ Hopkins & Saul Bliss
Advance Tickets £13.50 + B/F
Posted 17th Jul 2009 12:38pm by helenb
This event is nearly upon us.... if you were lucky enough to catch Laidback Luke you are in for a real treat with STEVE ANGELLO!
first time in Wales this is going to be awesome
advance tickets are on sale for this event at the usual outlets £13.50 + b/f [more on the door if available]
Posted 21st Jul 2009 12:35pm by helenb
1. What has 2008 got in store for you?
“A lot of work. Ibiza. Making music. Touring again. Going back to Brazil. A second Size compilation. And Ministry Of Sound all over.”
2. Are you working in the studio in the moment? If so tell us about any forthcoming releases?
“As Who’s Who, I have six new releases that are techy and more minimal and then as Mescal Kid you can expect some elecro-trash and then there will be three Steve Angello tracks, two with Sebastian Ingrosso and two Buy Now singles.”
3. What are your top 3 festival essentials?
“My records are pretty important! My partner in crime Sebastian Ingrosso and a tour manager to take of them. So Markus, Sebastian and my records.”
4. What advice would you have for anyone starting out?
“Do your thing, don‘t listen to people around you, pick a goal and go for it. Hard work pays off.”
5. If you weren’t a DJ what would you be doing?
“I would be in design because I love fashion. Either that or architecture.”
6. The scene has changed over the years, in what ways do you see the differences?
“I see a lot of DJs coming through. Much more music this year because digital music means you don’t need promotion. And of course record sales are going down. You have to be different or bring something special now. Most of all, you need a really strong brand.”
7. Some people get a buzz out of the audience dancing or clapping along to their set, what gives you your buzz when you perform?
“When you play tracks and people react the way they do!”
8. Who are you most looking forward to seeing at this years Creamfields? And can you give us your top tips on who you think is going to be hot at this year’s festival?
“DJ-wise, I’m just looking to see how it will be in our tent… I mean, we have our own arena! Can’t wait to see how it all turns out.”
9. Will you be dropping any surprises in your set this year?
“We’re going to bring surprises for sure… I will probably bring vocalists depending on their schedules. We have a lot on the table.”
10. After a decade of Creamfields, what are your memories of the festival?
“When I played with Erick a couple of years ago… it was ridiculous and was my first Subliminal Sessions Arena. The crowd reaction was something different… all the DJs were in one arena and it felt like a big family.”
11. Do you find there is a difference when performing in front of a northern crowd?
Of course, they’re nuts! They’re crazy and they have the lugs to prove it. They love the party.
It’s not all about forums and blogs.”
12. What’s the best thing about festivals?
“It’s just outdoors and that’s something special. Everyone is happy and you’re in shorts and it’s just fun. I think that’s what they’re about.”
13. What’s the worst thing about festivals?
“When it rains. We did one festival and there was so much mud. We had to wear plastic bags on our feet. Terrible.”
14. If you could become a festival promoter for the day, which artists either past or present would be in your dream-line-up?
“Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Fatboy Slim, Carl Cox, Sven Vath, Erick Morillo, Swedish House Mafia and Coldplay for the last thirty minutes.”
15. Do you have any plans to play new material at festivals this summer?”
“Yes! We have so much new material to play this year.”
Sum up a festival in 5 words?
“Crazy, fun, drunk, lost, gone.”
Posted 22nd Jul 2009 8:58pm by helenb